Toothpaste - Grapefruit, Eucalyptus & Tea Tree (100ml)
The Apothecary Grapefruit, Eucalyptus & Tea Tree Toothpaste is tasty, edible and wholesome toothpaste that combats gum disease, decay, bad breath and mouth ulcers. It cleans gently and effectively; inhibits the build-up of plaque, promotes the remineralisation of teeth and leaves breathe fresh. It's boosted with minerals and trace elements including the homeopathic tissue salt calcium fluoride, the only truly safe form of fluoride that occurs naturally in mineral water.
The Apothecary relies on the wisdom of nature to provide good, clean wholesome toothpaste that won’t harm you or the planet, will clean your teeth brilliantly, and has several benefits for oral hygiene and general health.
- Apply a pea-sized amount (or more) to your toothbrush (simply dip the brush into the jar, or use a small scoop or your finger)
- Brush teeth as normal using small, circular motions, and brush lightly over tongue once or twice
- Swish around your mouth after brushing for extra oil-pulling health benefits
- Rinse with clean water
- Follow with The Apothecary Herbal Mouthwash if you like
- coconut oil (unrefined, organic, origin: Mozambique)
- xylitol (non-GM maize, origin: RSA)
- sodium bicarbonate (food grade)
- raw Cape beeswax
- olive oil (cold-pressed, organic, origin: RSA)
- vegetable glycerin (non-GM rapeseed, origin: RSA)
- natural bentonite clay
- calcium & magnesium with trace elements including homeopathic calcium fluoride
- grapefruit essential oil (organic, origin: Western Cape, RSA)
- eucalyptus essential oil (organic, origin: RSA)
- tea tree essential oil (organic, origin: RSA)
Food for thought
We brush our teeth twice daily, applying toothpaste inside our mouths where it comes into contact with the delicate membranes of our mouth, gums and tongue, rich in blood vessels and neurons, as well as our precious pearly whites. Unavoidably, some toothpaste gets swallowed, especially by children. We should think very carefully about what we put into our mouths.
“Ordinary” toothpastes are awash with dubious and downright dangerous ingredients, such as SLS and other detergents, harsh abrasives such as silica, toxic propylene glycol, and hazardous sodium fluoride, among others.
There are natural alternatives, although many still contain a few questionable ingredients and you should always read the label carefully. The Apothecary Toothpaste has been developed over years of trial and research and brings you an all-natural, completely benign, delicious toothpaste that:
• cleans teeth beautifully,
• promotes tooth remineralisation,
• fights cavities,
• inhibits the build-up of plaque,
• banishes bad breath and helps heal mouth sores,
• contains a safe and natural form of fluoride,
• has benefits for overall health and well-being,
• is truly good enough to eat,
• and comes in a range of tasty flavours.